Zucchini Date Bars
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unpared, shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup seedless raisins, snipped
- 3/4 cup dates, snipped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in zucchini, coconut, raisins and dates.
- Spread evenly in greased 15 x 10 x 1 1/2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until bars test done.
- Cool to warm.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon
for frosting; beat smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool and cut into bars.