Zucchini Date Bars
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unpared, shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup seedless raisins, snipped
- 3/4 cup dates, snipped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in zucchini, coconut, raisins and dates.
- Spread evenly in greased 15 x 10 x 1 1/2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until bars test done.
- Cool to warm.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon
for frosting; beat smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool and cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.