- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 6 ounces white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugars, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; mix well.
- Add eggs and molasses; mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder; stir in mini chips if desired.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 12" logs.
- Place logs onto a lightly greased cookie sheet; flatten logs slightly.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until tops are cracked and logs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Place logs on a cutting surface; cut into 1/2-inch thick diagonal slices with a serrated knife.
- Place cut side down onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Return to oven; bake at 325 degrees F for 9 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake 7 minutes more. Cool completely.
- Drizzle: Microwave white baking chips until melted and smooth; stir in cinnamon.
- Drizzle over cookies; let set at room temperature until drizzle is firm.
Makes 36 biscotti.