- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup hazelnut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with oil; add sugar and continue beating 5 minutes
until mixture is thick and pale.
- Fold in nuts.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- Add to egg mixture and mix using wooden spoon or hands.
- Shape dough into 2 logs about 3 x 10-inches.
- Arrange on cookie sheet.
- Using a wet spatula, flatten top and smooth sides of logs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Let logs cool on cookie sheets about 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices using serrated knife.
- Arrange slices flat on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes longer, until surface
is dry and crisp.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Posted by warden2 three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.