Kahlua Fudge Pecan Biscotti with
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) container Saco Dolci Frutta * (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a large cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one
at a time, until blended. Add Kahlua and beat until blended. Add flour mixture until
just blended, then knead in nuts.
- With floured hands (dough will be very sticky), divide dough in half. Shape into
two 12- x 3-inch loaves and place a few inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool the loaf about 10 minutes, then cut each loaf crosswise into 1/2-inch thick
slices. Place cookies cut-side down on the same cookie sheet.
- Return to oven and
bake 15-20 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place biscotti right side up again and drizzle melted Saco Dolci Frutta across
the top of each piece. Let harden and serve.
* Saco Dolci Frutta is found in the produce section of most supermarkets.
Buy the creamy white shell for white chocolate drizzle, or dark for dark chocolate