Lemon Almond Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup almonds or macadamia nuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift together first 4 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar until
light in color. Beat in zest and lemon juice. Slowly add dry ingredients to the
egg mixture. Add nuts.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth,
about 2 minutes. Do not overwork dough.
- Divide the dough in half, shaping into 2 logs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cut logs into 1/2-inch slices. Return
to baking sheet and cook until toasted, about 20 to 30 minutes.