Mandarin Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of one orange, finely minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur such as Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts or pistachios coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and orange zest. Add eggs, blending well, then stir in vanilla
extract and xorange liqueur.
- In a separate bowl, blend together baking powder, salt and flour. Stir into batter,
then fold in nuts and chocolate.
- On lightly floured work surface, divide dough in two sections. Roll each into
9-inch log. Place well separated on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake until lightly browned about 18 to 24 minutes. Cool 15 minutes then transfer
to work surface.
- Using serrated knife, cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place cookies back on baking
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes turning once until cookies are slightly colored and
Makes 25 to 30.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes