This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Peanut Butter Biscotti
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups roasted peanuts, unsalted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, peanut butter and water.
Add to flour mixture and mix just until ingredients are incorporated. A little more
water, a teaspoon at a time, can be added if mixture is too dry to make a smooth
dough. Stir in peanuts.
- Divide the dough into two portions, and form each into a log approximately 3
inches in diameter. Place the logs on the cookie sheet about 3 to 4 inches apart
and flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated oven until light brown, about 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
- Let logs cool for 10 minutes, then cut into
3/4-inch thick bars. Place bars, cut side down, back on the cookie sheet and bake
until crisp, about 20 minutes.