- 3 cups pecans
- 1/2 pound softened sweet butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pecans in the oven and toast lightly for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in
the vanilla extract. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to
the butter. Stir in the toasted pecans.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces. Shape each piece into two 1/2-inch
diameter logs. Place logs on a parchment baking sheet and press down to form the
classic arch biscotti shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven with a thin spatula. Cut into 3/4-inch slices. Lay slices
on their sides and return biscotti to oven to dry for 15 more minutes.
- Cool on rack.