Pecan Cranberry Biscotti
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Finely chop half the pecans, and leave remaining ones in halves; set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine baking powder,
flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, yolks and vanilla extract. Add to
dry ingredients; mix on medium low until sticky dough is formed. Stir in pecans,
cranberries and zest.
- Turn dough out onto well-floured board; sprinkle with flour, and knead slightly.
Shape into 9 x 3 1/2-inch logs. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden
brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 275 degrees F.
- On cutting board, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Return pieces
cut side down to baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Turn over. Bake until slightly dry, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes 24 biscotti.