Swedish pearl sugar has large granules that don't lose their shape when baked.
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pearl or granulated sugar, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the dried pineapple in a small bowl. Pour the hot water over the pineapple;
set aside to soak 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking powder,
cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the eggs and 3/4 cup granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed in a
large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the oil, beating until smooth. Beat in the
zest, vanilla and almond extract.
- Drain the pineapple; stir into the mixture. Stir
in the walnuts and reserved dry ingredients. Cover bowl; chill 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Knead the chilled dough until smooth; shape into
a 12 x 4-inch log on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with the pearl sugar, if using;
press down on log to lightly flatten.
- Bake until the edges of the dough begin to
brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; cool on a wire rack about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Transfer the log to
a cutting board; cut diagonally into half-inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Place biscotti, cut side down, on the pan; bake until the cookies brown, about
- Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 36 pieces
Nutrition information per serving: 106 calories, 45 percent of calories from
fat, 5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein,
35 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes