Raspberry Almond Chip Biscotti
Nancy S. Morris of Allenwood, NJ developed this crunchy, almond flavored raspberry biscotti chock full of NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Morsels and NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Morsels. Great with a cup of coffee or a steaming mug of cocoa!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Grease 2 baking sheets lightly.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, spreadable fruit, vanilla extract and almond extract until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour.
- Stir in the morsels and almonds.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- With floured hands, shape each portion into a 10-inch-long roll (dough may be sticky).
- Place rolls at least 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly until about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops are cracked (loaves will spread slightly).
- Cool completely for 1 to 2 hours on baking sheets.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut each roll with serrated knife diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until golden (do not over-bake).
- Remove biscotti to wire racks; cool completely.
Prep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 43 min | Servings: 48 biscotti (4 dozen)
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com