Raspberry Cheesecake Biscotti
Maybe this is Mandelbrot, maybe it is biscotti. It contains cheese and oil (symbolic
Chanukah foods). It tastes like cheesecake in a crisp cookie stick.
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butte
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil or 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1 cup ground almonds, optional
- 3 cups, or more, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup raspberry jam
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Double up large baking sheets (stack one inside
the other). Line top baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream Cheese Layer: In a food processor, blend the
ingredients to make a thick, smooth batter. Set aside.
- Do not clean food processor bowl.
- Biscotti Dough: Add oil and butter, sugar, eggs, and extracts and blend well.
- Add almonds, flour, salt and baking powder and blend to make a thick batter.
If batter is soft (it needs to be stiff) add more flour, a half cup at a time
(you should not need more than 1 extra cup).
- Spread out batter on baking sheet. Make a trough with your fingers, and
pour in cream cheese mixture.
- Top with raspberry jam. Mush together by dragging some cookie batter over
and around the other ingredients. Try your best to contain the wet stuff on
top of the batter.
- Bake dough loaf until set and dry to the touch, 45-55 minutes.
- Cool loaf about 20 minutes and then cut into (about one inch wide).
- Return to baking sheet and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake cookies again to dry and crisp, 12-18 minutes.
Makes 2 - 3 dozen, depending on size.
Source: Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes