- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/2 cup currants, dried cherries or cranberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking
- Beat butter in mixing bowl until light and creamy. Beat in sugar until light.
Beat in 2 egg whites until blended. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts and
2 tablespoons of the minced rosemary until blended. Stir in currants.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl. Stir into creamed
mixture until completely mixed.
- Divide dough into two parts. Shape each into a 12-inch
log. Roll each log in remaining rosemary to coat outside. Place logs on prepared
- Lightly beat remaining egg white and brush tops and sides of logs.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove logs from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut logs into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange slices on baking sheets and bake 5 to
7 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes