Rosemary Pecan Biscotti
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried and crumbled rosemary
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a jellyroll pan.
- Blend flour and next 4 ingredients with an electric mixer. Add egg and yogurt.
Beat on low speed until mixture forms a dough.
- Cut margarine into small pieces and mix into dough until just blended. Stir in
pecans and rosemary. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead several times,
cover with a towel, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut dough in half. Working on prepared jellyroll pan with floured hands, form
each half into a log 12 to 15 inches long. Flatten log until about 2 inches wide.
Arrange logs at least 3 inches apart on the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and pale golden.
- Cool on pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Cut logs crosswise, on a slant, into 1/2 inch slices.
Arrange slices, cut sides down, on pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on each side or until pale golden. Place on rack to cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
Yield: 40 to 50 slices
Recipe credit: Morning Sun Herb Farm - Vacaville, California. Used with permission.