- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and
fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk, beat well. Reserve egg white for later use. Mix in
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, stir well. Dough may appear crumbly.
- Flour work area and turn dough out onto surface. Work dough into 2 equal size
balls. Shape balls into logs 8 inches long by 2 inches in diameter. Brush logs with
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until dough is firm to touch.
- Remove from oven, transfer
logs to cool for 10 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- Slice logs into 1/2-inch slices along bias (at an angle).
- Mix 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon; set aside.
- Place biscotti cut side down on cookie sheet, sprinkle topping mixture over each
- Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
Makes 36 pieces.