White Chocolate-Cherry Biscotti Sweethearts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (6 ounce) packages BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour large baking sheet.
- Mix flour and baking powder until well blended; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chopped chocolate, cherries and pecans.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on floured surface.
- Cut with 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, rerolling dough scraps as needed.
- Place hearts, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn hearts over on baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly dry and golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt remaining chopped chocolate as directed on package. Drizzle over hearts.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 54 min | About 26 servings, 1 biscotti each
Plan a break in your busy holiday schedule to sit down and enjoy a serving of
biscotti along with a hot cup of freshly brewed MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee.
Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional Information: Calories 170 Total fat 8 g Saturated fat 5 g Cholesterol
30 mg Sodium 80 mg Carbohydrate 21 g Dietary fiber 0 Sugars 13 g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 4 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):