- 1 package semisweet baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave 1 package (8 squares) of the chocolate and the butter in large
microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after
1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat 2 of the eggs in separate large bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until foamy.
- Gradually add the 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, beating until well blended after
- Add water and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract; beat until thick and lemon
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup flour, the baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup of the macadamias.
- Spread half of the batter into greased foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan;
- Beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, remaining 2 eggs, the lemon juice and
remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended.
- Add 2 tablespoon flour; mix well. Spread evenly over brownie batter in pan.
- Drop tablespoonsful of the remaining brownie batter over cream cheese mixture.
Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
with fudgy crumbs. (Do not over-bake.)
- Cool in pan.
- Microwave whipping cream in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds
or until simmering.
- Add chopped chocolate; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture
is well blended. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup macadamias.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until glaze is set.
- Cut into 32 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally into 2 triangles.
Yield: 32 servings, 2 triangles each