- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13-inch pan on stove.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, then eggs.
- Sift and add flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.