Alabama Chocolate Praline Jumbo Mud Squares
- 3/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel-flavored topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 box favorite brownie mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Mix all crust ingredients together
and press into a 9-inch square pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Caramel Layer: Combine caramel topping with flour, mixing well. Spread
topping mixture over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge of pan. Set aside.
- Brownie Layer: Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on box for fudge-like
brownies. Pour batter over crust and bake according to box instructions. Cool brownies
on a rack.
- Frosting: Combine butter, cocoa and water in a small saucepan. Cook over
medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners'
sugar with pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Spread over cooled brownies.
Makes 1 (9-inch) square pan