Almond Fudgies (T&T)
I sometimes add chopped toasted almonds to the batter.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil leaving
a little overhang around the edges of the pan. Butter the foil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, watching carefully
and stirring occasionally, just until smooth or you can do this step in a double
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and sugar
in a large mixing bowl at the highest speed for about 10 minutes. The mixture should
increase in volume and look like softened ice cream.
- Mix in melted chocolate mixture
on low speed just until blended.
- Add the flour. Stir until just mixed.
- Turn brownie mix into prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven just until
a hard crust forms on top and the edges are very slightly browned, about 18 to 22
minutes. The batter underneath will be runny and under baked by normal baking standards.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the brownies at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Using the foil, lift brownies from pan. Remove foil and cut into 20 to 25 squares.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes