Almond Fudgies (T&T)
I sometimes add chopped toasted almonds to the batter.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil leaving
a little overhang around the edges of the pan. Butter the foil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, watching carefully
and stirring occasionally, just until smooth or you can do this step in a double
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and sugar
in a large mixing bowl at the highest speed for about 10 minutes. The mixture should
increase in volume and look like softened ice cream.
- Mix in melted chocolate mixture
on low speed just until blended.
- Add the flour. Stir until just mixed.
- Turn brownie mix into prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven just until
a hard crust forms on top and the edges are very slightly browned, about 18 to 22
minutes. The batter underneath will be runny and under baked by normal baking standards.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the brownies at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Using the foil, lift brownies from pan. Remove foil and cut into 20 to 25 squares.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001