This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Macaroon Brownies
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups coconut, flaked or shredded
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, divided
- 6 squares Baker's semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the butter until softened; beat in 1/4
cup of the sugar.
- Stir in 1 of the eggs, 1 tablespoon flour and coconut.
16 almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds. Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
- Stir 5 squares chocolate and remaining butter over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat in remaining
2 eggs. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining chopped almonds.
- Spread chocolate batter in a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Spread cheese batter on top. Garnish with whole almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until cake
tester inserted in center comes out almost clean (don't over-bake).
- Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle in zigzag pattern over brownies.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars or squares.
Makes about 16 brownies.