Almond Macaroon Brownies
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup
granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups coconut, flaked or shredded
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, divided
- 6 squares Baker's semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the butter until softened; beat in 1/4
cup of the sugar.
- Stir in 1 of the eggs, 1 tablespoon flour and coconut.
16 almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds. Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
- Stir 5 squares chocolate and remaining butter over low heat until melted.
from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat in remaining
2 eggs. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining chopped almonds.
- Spread chocolate batter in a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Spread cheese batter on
top. Garnish with whole almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until cake
tester inserted in center comes out almost clean (don't over-bake).
- Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle in zigzag pattern over brownies.
- Cool in
- Cut into bars or squares.
Makes about 16 brownies.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies