Almond Queen Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 9 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream sherry
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- First Layer: Melt butter in large (8-cup) measuring cup.
- Add cocoa and oil. Mix.
- Stir in sugar and eggs quickly until mixed well.
- Stir in flour, pecans and vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes (check after 30 minutes). Cool.
- Second Layer: Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer.
- Add almond extract, confectioners' sugar and milk. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled first layer.
- Refrigerate until cool all the way through.
- Third Layer: Melt butter and chocolate in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add sugar and sherry and mix well.
- Spread or drizzle over first 2 layers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature before cutting into small (1-inch) squares.
Yield: about 8 dozen