Amy Packer's Black Bottom Brownies
Amy Packer, 2 time blue ribbon winner, is age 12. Mom Helen Packer
says her skill comes from "the home skills part of her home schooling curriculum".
She will tackle any kind of dessert.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Combine Cheese/Chip Mix except for the chips. Beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Set mix aside.
- Mix Dough Mix.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Drop teaspoonsful of cream cheese mix randomly over the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Yield: 24 brownies
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 3:19:12 pm.
Grange Fair Winner