These are delicious, and they keep indefinitely.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups apples, cut fine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter; add sugar and cream again.
- Beat eggs and add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and salt; add to the mixture and mix well.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F in a greased and floured* 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cut into bars or cut in squares, and serve as a dessert with a dab of whipped cream on top.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!