Apple Harvest Blondies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 medium-large Paula Red apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 ounces block cream cheese
- 2 ounces chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place cream cheese in freezer for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove from burner and stir in 2 cups brown
sugar and stir thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract and stir until
- Fold in chopped apples and pour the mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch
- Chop the cream cheese into small pieces and mix with the remaining 1/4 cup
brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture on the batter and bake for
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers.