Bake Sale Brownies (Killer Brownies)
- 1 cup butter or butter Crisco (at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate or 1 1/8 cups cocoa
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour, stirred with a fork
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans, coarsely broken or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Butter the bottom and sides of two 8-inch square pans. (Do not use one 13 x 9-inch
pan. The batter is so rich the center won't cook as well.)
- In a large mixer bowl, stir together butter, both sugars and syrup until blended.
- Stir in eggs, one at time, until blended.
- In a small saucepan, over very low heat, melt the chocolate; stir into sugar
mixture until well blended.
- Add almond extract and flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
- Turn into prepared pans, spreading
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Refrigerate uncovered until cool.
- Cut into bars.
These freeze well and can be eaten right out of the freezer without
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes