This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Bake Sale Brownies (Killer Brownies)
- 1 cup butter or butter Crisco (at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate or 1 1/8 cups cocoa
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour, stirred with a fork
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans, coarsely broken or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Butter the bottom and sides of two 8-inch square pans. (Do not use one 13 x 9-inch
pan. The batter is so rich the center won't cook as well.)
- In a large mixer bowl, stir together butter, both sugars and syrup until blended.
- Stir in eggs, one at time, until blended.
- In a small saucepan, over very low heat, melt the chocolate; stir into sugar
mixture until well blended.
- Add almond extract and flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
- Turn into prepared pans, spreading
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Refrigerate uncovered until cool.
- Cut into bars.
These freeze well and can be eaten right out of the freezer without