This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baker's Broomstick Brownies
- 4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 small boxes Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- Yellow and red food colorings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass baking dish). Grease
bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate.
- Mix in eggs.
- Blend in flour.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Immediately poke holes to bottom of brownies 1 inch apart
with round handle of wooden spoon.
- Pour cold milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk
for 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 drops yellow and 4 drops red food coloring until orange.
- Quickly pour 1/2 of mixture into brownie holes. Let remaining pudding stand
to thicken slightly. Swirl over top.
- Add a dollop of Cool Whip Whipped Topping, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Makes 24 brownies.