Baker's Divine Truffle Brownies
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet or 1 (6 ounce) package bittersweet
baking chocolate squares
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass dish). Line an 8-inch baking
dish with foil extending over edges to form handle. Grease foil.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, cook 2 squares of the chocolate and the butter
on HIGH until butter is melted (about 1 1/2 minutes). Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Stir in 1 egg until well blended.
- Stir in flour.
batter in pan.
- Cook remaining chocolate (6 squares if using semisweet, 4 squares if using bittersweet)
and cream in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; stir until chocolate is
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the remaining 2 eggs in a small bowl with electric
mixer on high speed 1 minutes until thick and lemon yellow-colored; beat in chocolate/cream
mixture. Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes to 40 minutes or until the truffle
topping is set and edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan.
knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides. Lift from pan using foil
Cut into 16 fudgy brownies.