Baker's One Bowl German
Sweet Chocolate Brownies
- 1 (4 ounce) package Baker's German's Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, divided (optional)*
- 1 1/3 cups Baker's Angel Flake Coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass baking dish). Grease bottom
and sides of 8-inch square pan.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-proof bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2
minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the brown sugar into chocolate until well blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour and 1/2 cup of the pecans until well blended.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Mix coconut, remaining 1/2 cup pecans and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in same bowl.
- Stir in milk until well blended. Spoon mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
DO NOT OVER-BAKE.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares.
Makes 16 fudgy brownies.
* If omitting nuts, increase coconut to 2 2/3 cups (one 7-ounce package).