This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baker's Ultimate Caramel Nut Brownies
- 4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans or walnut halves, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package Baker's Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 2 minutes
or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until batter is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 3 minutes
or until caramels begin to melt. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of nuts.
- Gently spread caramel mixture over brownie batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour remaining unbaked brownie batter evenly over caramel mixture; sprinkle
with remaining nuts. (Some caramel mixture may peek through.)
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides. Lift
from pan using foil as handles.
- Cut into 24 fudgy brownies.