Banana Bread Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Brown Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bars: n a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter,
and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour,
baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
- Brown Butter Frosting: Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium
heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from
- Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until
smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using
a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting
will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes