- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Creamy Brownie Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In bowl, stir together butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs; with spoon, beat well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually
blend into egg mixture.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool; frost with Creamy brownie Frosting.
- Cut into squares.
- Creamy Brownie Frosting: In small mixer bowl, beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup
and vanilla extract until blended.
- Add confectioners' sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.
Makes about 1 cup frosting.