Black Forest Brownies
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup maraschino
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Blend in eggs, sugar and extracts.
- Stir in flour mixture, cherries and nuts. Pour
into a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- To make icing, blend butter, vanilla extract, sugar, cocoa and milk in a bowl
until smooth. Spread on hot brownies.
- Sprinkle with nuts.