Black Russian Brownies
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick vegetable
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and pepper; heat until chocolate
and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract; beat thoroughly.
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, Kahlua and vodka.
- Add flour, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.