Bourbon Brownies 2
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in small saucepan over lowest possible heat and cook
until almost all chocolate has melted. Remove from heat, stir until smooth.
- Place eggs and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle. Mix until thick
- Add bourbon and mix well.
- Add chocolate mixture to eggs and mix to combine.
Scrape down sides of bowl, add flour and salt, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and top with pecans, if using.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
with a few crumbs attached, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars.
Makes 16 servings