Bourbon Brownies 2
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in small saucepan over lowest possible heat and cook
until almost all chocolate has melted. Remove from heat, stir until smooth.
- Place eggs and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle. Mix until thick
- Add bourbon and mix well.
- Add chocolate mixture to eggs and mix to combine.
Scrape down sides of bowl, add flour and salt, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and top with pecans, if using.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
with a few crumbs attached, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars.
Makes 16 servings
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies