Brown Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped
- In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, melt butter until it begins to
brown, 3 to 5 minutes (if using margarine, melt but do not brown). Let cool for
20 to 25 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt; stir to mix well.
1 cup flour and stir until incorporated; mixture will be stiff.
- Stir in half the
chocolate and half the nuts.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan. Spread batter level in pan; sprinkle with
remaining chocolate and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until edges begin to pull from pan sides and brownies are
firm to touch in the center, about 30 minutes (25 minutes in a convection oven).
- Cool in pan on a rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Serve warm
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies