Brownie Cheesecake Bars
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Melt 2/3 cup butter. Combine melted butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, milk, 2 eggs,
2 teaspoons vanilla extract and baking powder in large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread into prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch in small bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
beating until smooth. Pour evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate.
- Cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 36 bars
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 7/27/2001 7:53 pm.