- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brownie: Melt butter and chocolate in microwave or double boiler. Cool. If you don't
cool, brownies will be heavy and dry.
- Beat eggs and salt together until light and foamy. Gradually beat sugar into
the egg mixture. With a few quick strokes with a wooden spoon, combine the cooled
chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar. Before the mixture becomes uniformly
colored and well blended, fold in flour. Before flour is fully blended in, fold
in nuts. Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Chocolate Frosting: Melt shortening and chocolate in saucepan over low heat.
Stir in remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Place pan of frosting in bowl
of ice water and continue beating until it is of spreading consistency. If desired,
stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts. Frost brownies and serve with vanilla ice
cream, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes