Butter Creme Brownies
- 1 square semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
Butter Creme Filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy
cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate
- Melt chocolate and butter together over hot water and cool slightly.
- Beat egg until frothy. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Add sugar. Blend well.
- Add flour and nuts and stir until well blended.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool and cover with Butter Creme Filling.
- Butter Creme Filling: Cream together and spread over brownie layer.
pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, and spread with Glaze.
- Glaze: Melt butter and chocolate together. Spread gently over filled brownie
layer being careful not to disturb filling.
- Chill in refrigerator until glaze
- Cut into small finger strips.
These can be frozen.
Food coloring may be added to creme filling for different holidays and occasions.