Butter Creme Brownies
- 1 square semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
Butter Creme Filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy
cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate
- Melt chocolate and butter together over hot water and cool slightly.
- Beat egg until frothy. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Add sugar. Blend well.
- Add flour and nuts and stir until well blended.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool and cover with Butter Creme Filling.
- Butter Creme Filling: Cream together and spread over brownie layer.
pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, and spread with Glaze.
- Glaze: Melt butter and chocolate together. Spread gently over filled brownie
layer being careful not to disturb filling.
- Chill in refrigerator until glaze
- Cut into small finger strips.
These can be frozen.
Food coloring may be added to creme filling for different holidays and occasions.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies