- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar, as needed
- Sift sugar, flour and cocoa together.
- In saucepan, bring water, margarine and oil to boil. Pour over dry ingredients
in large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda and beaten eggs. Beat thoroughly.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 minutes.
- Frost while warm.
- Frosting: Bring margarine, cocoa and buttermilk to boil. Add vanilla extract and confectioners'
sugar until thick. Spread on warm brownies.