Butterscotch Popcorn Brownies
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely ground, popped popcorn
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, oil and egg until smooth.
- Mix in
nuts and vanilla extract.
- Mix together ground popcorn, baking powder and salt. Add
to the oil mixture, stirring well.
- Spread evenly in the buttered pan.
- Bake for 20
minutes or until browned.
- Cut into squares while warm.
Makes 16 brownies.