This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cappuccino Brownies with White Chocolate Sauce
White Chocolate Sauce
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brewed Cafe Godiva Special Roast (at room temperature)
- 5 ounces imported white chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brewed Cafe Godiva Special Roast (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (skin removed)
- Bittersweet chocolate curls
- Confectioners' sugar
- White Chocolate Sauce: Bring cream and Cafe Godiva Special Roast to simmer in heavy small saucepan.
Add chocolate; stir over low heat until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Add
- Note: This can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill. Before serving, stir over
low heat just until melted.
- Brownies: Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9-inch square baking pan with 2-inch high sides with foil, overlapping the
sides. Butter and flour the foil.
- Stir the first four ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat until
smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups sugar and the eggs. Stir in flour, then chopped bittersweet
chocolate and nuts. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted
into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes. Cool on
rack. (Can be made 8 hours ahead.)
- Using the foil sides as an aid, lift the brownie from the pan. Fold down the
foil sides. Using a 3 3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 4 rounds, reserving
the scraps for another use. Place one brownie on each plate. Cover with chocolate
curls. Spoon the warm sauce around the brownies. Sift sugar over each serving.