This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Caramel Apple Brownies
- 7 ounces caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pared, chopped apples
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt caramels with milk; set aside.
- Mix sugar and oil; add egg and blend well, add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients, then fold in apples and pecans.
- Pat half of batter into a greased 8-inch square pan; bake for 15 minutes.
- Pour caramel mix on top and then top with the remaining batter.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut while warm.