Caramel Brownies 2
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
(at room temperature)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate-covered
caramels (about 24), unwrapped and halved
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
together sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add flour
mixture and stir until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
with caramel pieces.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until fairly firm to the touch.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Dust evenly with confectioners' sugar.