Caramel Cashew Brownies
- 18 caramels
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a saucepan, cook and stir caramels, butter and milk over low heat until the
caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sugar.
- Combine eggs and vanilla extract; stir into caramel mixture.
- Combine flour, baking
powder and salt; stir into caramel mixture until blended.
- Fold in cashews.
to a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 24 to 28 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire
- Cut into bars.
Yields 25 blondies.