This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Caramel Fudge Brownies
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 additional cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Set oven rack in middle of oven and preheat
oven to 350 degrees F.
- In top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt butter and chocolate
chips (or microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds after
the first minute, until smooth). Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Thoroughly blend in chocolate mixture, flour and vanilla extract.
- Pour half the batter into
the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining cup of chocolate chips to the remaining batter and set aside.
- While brownies are baking, melt the caramels with the cream over low heat. Spread
caramel over baked brownie.
- Cover caramel with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes more. The brownies will jiggle when you remove
them from the oven. They will firm up a bit when cool.
- Cut the brownies into squares after they have cooled.