This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Caramelicious Turtle Brownies
- 1 (19 to 20 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 16 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For dark pan, preheat to 325 degrees F. Position
a rack in the lower third of the oven. Spray the bottom only of an 8- square baking
pan with nonstick pan or foil line the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs with a wooden
spoon until just blended and add dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-44 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from side of pan
comes out clean or almost clean. Do not over-bake.
- During last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle the top with the pecans so that they
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium pan, set over low heat, melt the caramels with the milk until melted
- Drizzle caramel over brownies and cool completely.
- Cut into large squares.