This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (scant) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Melt butter and chocolate over hot water.
- Beat eggs well; add sugar gradually.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add cherry juice, cherries and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.