This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cherry Cordial Brownies
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brownies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter or margarine, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Place sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract;
stir until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture; stir just until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Do not over-bake.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter or margarine
and cherry juice. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining cherry juice, 1 teaspoon
at a time until of desired spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Glaze: In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter or margarine,
stirring constantly until smooth. Or place chocolate chips and butter or margarine
in microwave-safe container. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 1 minute or until
chocolate is melted; stir to blend.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Cool slightly.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over cherry frosting.
- Store in refrigerator.
Makes 36 bars.