This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cherry Marzipan Brownies
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch (cherry liqueur)
- 9 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 7 ounces almond paste (marzipan)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Heat cherries and Kirsch in a small saucepan over medium heat almost to the boiling
- Remove from heat and cover; set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate over simmering water; set aside
- In a large bowl, blend almond paste, butter and sugar; beat until smooth.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla extract and stir until blended.
- Add flour and salt and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in melted chocolate to combine.
- Add cherry mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, spreading
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
Makes 24 bars.